Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gratitude revisited.

This writing will be short and of a completely different tone. I have decided that it is up to me to change the way I think and work. I will be spending  some time working on my mother's photo blog, at the same time I will be thinking of her and her charitable heart. I'm not saying that I will be able to snap out of this depression like flipping a switch, but I will be moving forward in the fog. Hopefully encountering fewer and fewer of the obstacles or if I do managing them better. I am determined that I will be a happy, secure , loving person.

My nightmares are still there, so are all the good things in my life, I have tons of loving family, not least of which is my mother. I am so blessed to still have her, it is time to enjoy that rather than bitching about what I don't have. I know many people that have lost their husband ,wife, mother and father. My own husband for one lost both his parents and a brother in a very short time. You would think I would have more appreciation.

I have not only beautiful grandkids, but intelligent and giving as well, I still have my sister and her husband, my niece and her children. All participate in my life on almost a daily basis, then of course there are my own children and their spouses. Really what is wrong with me.....

I am not forgetting you all, I have a good group of friends on here, that I can talk to and cry to, if a judgement is made I never hear it.

I appreciate each and every one of you, I am glad to have met you.<3

I am putting in a link to the blog I made of my mother's photos. Give it a look and pass it around if you like. http://ruthjonesvanderhoof.blogspot.com/


These are all the things I am grateful for.

5 comments:

  1. Jan, gratitude can make such a difference in how I look at my life. Focusing on the things that I am grateful for can help to make the day a better place to be. Thank you for your recent comment on my blog. I appreciate your support and your sharing of your healing journey with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We folk do better if we share with those that truly understand. Thank you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, very positive and uplifting post. Sometimes the hurt and pain and our own journey's cause us to lose sight of the "wonderful treasures" that are there like you said "daily". Oh, we value, love and give them our attention, but often its a distracted attention. I think its wonderful how you've decided "you are in control and you're taking control". It's part of the healing journey, to "grab" a hold of Life and Start Living. A big step... You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie, Let's hope I can stick with it and not get re=mired in the crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great booster for me Jan,I just want to thank you for being there everytime,and I feel sorry for myself,not coming here and seeing all that I have missed out on..

    ReplyDelete